Friday, March 19, 2010

Pitter Patter

"What is the worst thing that's ever happened to me?

I thought I knew someone. I got really close to someone, one person in particular, to get to know them. I think we kind of all want that. Because it’s hard to be a human, it’s hard to be a human being and if someone kind of acknowledges this by trying to get to know us...it makes it a little easier.

You get close to someone, closer and closer, so you can see everything. The way they move, the things they say, how they think, but then they say something you never thought they’d say, or move in a way you didn’t think they were capable of, and you realize you’re too close. They’re blurry. Out of focus, and you don’t really know them at all. And if you don’t know them, then they certainly don’t know you. Because you’re too close and blurry.

I think that's why people close their eyes when they kiss...the other person is too close and they can’t focus on what is really in front of them. So, we close our eyes to pretend it’s okay.

I don’t know. I guess that is the worst thing that has ever happened to me...and it happens all the time."

No comments:

Post a Comment